This Lemon Cake with Lemon Bavarian Cream is made with a moist lemon cake, alternating layers of lemon bavarian cream and lemon curd filling and lemon buttercream!
Ingredients1. Lemon Cake (FROM SCRATCH):
2. Lemon Cake (CAKE MIX version):
Light Lemon Frosting:
InstructionsLemon Cake (FROM SCRATCH):
Lemon Cake (CAKE MIX version):
For the frosting:
This Lemon Mascarpone Layer Cake is made with a moist lemon cake, lemon curd and a smooth and creamy whipped mascarpone frosting!
1. Combine all the ingredients in a double boiler (or in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water). Heat while whisking constantly until mixture thickens and reaches 160 degrees, or coats the back of a spoon.
2. Pour the lemon curd into a heat proof bowl, cover with clear wrap pressed onto the the top of the curd to avoid a film developing, and refrigerate until cold.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and line three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper and grease the sides.
4. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix until combined.
6. Add the egg whites in two batches, mixing until well combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure all is incorporated and smooth.
7. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another small bowl or measuring cup, combine the milk, water and lemon juice.
8. Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well combined. Add the milk mixture and mix until well combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
9. Divide the batter evenly between the three 8 inch pans and bake for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
10. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
This 3 layer lemon layer cake is made completely from scratch with real lemons. It’s deliciously moist and light and is remarkable paired with tangy cream cheese buttercream.